Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 23, 2007

Vacation with my In-Laws.....Slade, Kentucky

We had such a great time! It was sad that Jason couldn't be there, and neither could Grandma Donaldson and Jason's sister Krista, but the rest of the gang and I had a very relaxing week!

We went to Kentucky, about an hour away from where Jason and I lived for 2.5 years. It was weird to be back....but it definately reminded me of how beautiful that state really is!!!!!!! (especially compared to my new home of FLAT Illinois).

Our week looked like this:

Sunday-we arrived at our AWESOME cabin and hung out

Monday-hiked to Natural Bridge and then went grocery shopping, overtaking Kroger ahahah. The first picture shows Natural Bridge in the background before we arrived. The second is Lissy and I on Natural Bridge.


Tuesday-We drove to Walmart about 50 minutes away ahahahahah. We also watched my new favorite movie, "Bridge to Terabithia"
Wednesday-A trip to a beach in Morehead....we got burnt! We also played board games, grilled burgers, and watched "Simon Burch..."
Thursday-We hiked again....around Red River Gorge........it was beautiful!


Here, Colin is singing "I've Been Watching You," a country song about a boy and his daddy....He has the whole thing memorized...TOO CUTE.


Friday-We had a campfire and went fishing. Here, Kara is waiting to catch a fish. It wasn't a good biting day....Anna was the first to catch a fish after 3 hours of waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!


Saturday-Hoseback Riding....WOW, we have stories. Let's just say, riding next to cliffs on an animal bigger than me is not something I'll ever do again, however it was a pretty ride! OH, and I learned that my mother in law is so tough and brave!

Sunday-drove home and stopped for lunch at Ruby Tuesday....yummy salad bar!

Some other highlights:
Lissy ran with me so I wouldn't get behind on my marathon training! WOW, I'm not used to running hills! (We were almost Deer Breakfast too as one morning...a deer ran after us! ahahaha). I was able to finish 4 books (a record for me!) and complete the Karen Kingsbury series I was reading. YEAH!
Another cute shot:
The Aukerman men minus my husband....


I'm glad to be back home with my three boys! I sure did miss them! Jason had Reggie groomed while I was gone and had both boys in scarfs....awe...
That's all for now......ahahahh

2 comments:

Lori Kuehl said...

Yeah! I'm glad you're back. I wish I could have gone with you. I miss Kentucky. When Ryan and I came back from our honeymoon in Tennessee, we were really disappointed coming back to the flat lands.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! I love Bridge to Terabithia or however you spell it! Did you cry? I bawled! Sounds like you had a good trip!