Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Our baby girl finally discovered that sleep is good!

We've had a very eventful last few days and our biggest news is that Brynne is finally sleeping better!

On Thursday, she slept 11 straight hours in her crib! After our traveling during Christmas break she slept back in our room in the bassinet because it was easier to care for her in the middle of the night. She was waking up a few times in the night from being thrown off over the holidays! Well, I decided on our long weekend last weekend that we'd move her back to the crib. She has done so much better sleeping there! Why didn't I do this sooner? (Because I have attachment issues and miss my baby so much when she's not next to me!!!) On a funny note, she has been sleeping horizontally in her crib instead of vertically...ahahahha. Weird, but as long as she's comfy, that's fine! I say she gets these sleeping habits from her daddy who tends to move all over the place in the night!

Yesterday I took Brynne to Chuck E. Cheese's for my friend Kristin's birthday celebration! Aahaha We had a great time reminiscing about how great the 80's were when we went to Showbiz Pizza (as it was called back then) and thought it was the coolest place ever. Well, the pizza wasn't that great, but the arcade games were addicting! I enjoyed using tokens to play the silly games! Brynne was just dragged to each game in her car seat and was over stimulated by the lights and noises! (I'm sure I looked like a crazy mom....and I'm young looking, so I'm sure people thought I was 14, had a baby way too early in life, and was being way immature playing video games instead of getting my baby to bed!) Ahahahah In addition, you will see a picture with a cute little girl, Brynne, and my friend Sara. The little girl was a stray...walking around the place alone who decided she loved Brynne and wanted to hold her and touch her. Brynne didn't like her (as you can tell by her face in the picture). Brynne fell asleep in the car on the way home....and slept in her clothes and car seat til 6am. I heard her make a noise at 6 and thought I'd go feed her if she was starving, but as soon as I took her out of her seat, she was back to sleep, so I laid her down in her crib and she slept til 9:15am! 12 hours! YAY! (Pictures of Chuck E. Cheese below)
With Kristin, the bday girl...

With Sara and the random little girl...

Brynne loved playing with the cup...

Brynne with Mommy...


Today Jason's family came for a visit. It was so good to just relax and talk (while watching Planet Earth in the background-which is awesome if you haven't seen it). We also ate at a great restaurant in town. My camera got lost during the day and I ended up finding it in the couch....but when I went to grab it, it fell inside the couch. We had to lift the couch, undo staples, and rescue it! Phew. I can't live without a camera! Because the camera was lost, I missed out on a lot of great picture opportunities today. Here's what I did get...
Brynne taking her nap with Grandpa!

Thanks Dad A and Bud for rescuing the camera!

Watching Aunt Anna and Shayna laugh!

Brynne playing with Uncle Colin!

Alright, well, we've already changed our clocks ahead so that we don't forget before bed. Today, Jason's little brother Brendan gave us back our Guitar Hero...so as I type Jason is playing it while Brynne watches for the first time. She's kicking her legs and squealing. We think she loves it.

I think that's all that is new around here! Night!

No comments: