Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Baking Gone Bad...


So I decided to bake Jason some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies tonight since I have a little extra time this weekend. Here's the run down for all of you who don't live in the mid west. Mainly, I feel like we've moved to Antarctica. On Thursday and Friday, it was SUPER DUPER cold...cold enough for ONU (Jason's work) and my school to close down! It was quite the shocker, but being that we already had a snow day in December and have to make it up...why not make up two more. I needed those days off. I was feeling burnt out and so tired. Thank you Lord. I'll be mad about it come the end of May when school is suppose to be out....but for now, I'm thrilled.

We were planning a trip to Kentucky this weekend for Jason's annual camping trip with some college buddies...so after hearing that we wouldn't be working again on Friday...we decided to get packed up even earlier and hit the road. We were all packed, everything loaded, Jason took the baby out the to car, I locked the door....we got in the car,....and as he went to start it...it made a horrible clicking noise and wouldn't start! Of course he was SO MAD....and after calling my brother who lives down the street, he tried our other car....and that one wouldn't start either! It was so cold that both cars were frozen dead. After trying to thaw the battery, we concluded that we would need to replace the battery to our main traveling, newer car. This took a few hours, but praise the lord after a jump from my brother and a new battery, it started. (However three or four warning lights came on in the message center,....making us realize God didn't want us traveling this weekend.) SO....we're home....staying warm (now a heat wave has hit as it was 25 degrees out today!) and trying to relax if you're Jason....and being productive if you're me. We're sad to not be able to see our friends....but life must go on.

SO...Back to the Baking...Jason opened the chocolate chip bag for me because my hands were messy. Sidenote: Brynne was "watching" me back in her bouncy seat. Well,...as Jason opened the bag and stole a few chocolate chips to eat...he dropped one. He thought Byson ate it....and left it at that. Well, about 10 minutes later, I was done in the kitchen and was trying to hold Brynne so she could fall asleep, and I kept smelling chocolate. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from, and then realized it had to be her! I laid her down and searched her pjs....no chocolate chips....and then, when she turned her head....I saw it! Her bib had twisted around to her back, and it was covered in melted chocolate, as well as her ear, neck, and the creases and folds of her neck! AHAHHAHAHA We're great parents, huH!? Poor baby! And she doesn't even get to enjoy eating the chocolate! :-)



Daddy acting silly and Brynne all cleaned up!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Too cute! I'm surprised the dogs didn't go after her neck!

One time Stephen and the boys were standing in the kitchen, munching on Cheese Nips together. Steve dropped one, but couldn't find it anywhere. Later that evening, after Jack had been really fussy for awhile, I changed his diaper and discovered the missing Cheese Nip, lodged in the waistband. He had been so uncomfortable!