Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 14, 2008

Yikes!

OK, so I'm praying this baby comes early so I have more time with her before returning to work, but I'm also having nightmares of her coming early. I'm scared I'll be out of town or won't be able to get ahold of Jason. I'm starting to panic about the pain and the scariness of giving birth (not that I truly know what to expect). Then I get the thoughts that I have no idea how to be a mom or how to raise an newborn. I guess once it happens, they say you just know and have mommy instincts, but ugh........then I remember how tired I am during the school year and all the work it brings and I hope that our baby knows me! Soon oh soon....this will all just be a memory! I can't wait for her to just be here! We're down to 44 days (6 weeks left). 44 days sounds shorter than 6 weeks to me....and then I start thinking...she could come earlier, and then I realize this is going to happen before I know it!
OH, and Jason and I were sitting in the living room the other night and talking about how much our baby weighs right now and her approximate length. Then he asked what is an average length for a baby at birth. After I told him, he did the math and reminded me that this little one probably has another 4 inches and 3 pounds to go in the next 6 weeks. How in the world........where is she going to fit!??? AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ahahah This is crazy!

1 comment:

joanna.crabtree said...

Karla you are going to do great! I remember feeling the same way.. scared about labor and about being a mom.. but once it all starts happening.. just remind yourself that your body was made to do this and really that baby is coming out one way or the other and your body will make that happen! You are going to be a wonderful mother.. I am so excited for you.
Joanna