Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 24, 2008

The past week...

Well, we've wrapped up our travels for now until our baby is born. I had such an AWESOME time with my friends last weekend. We met up for our annual weekend in Merrillville, Indiana this time so that I didn't have to travel far. Let's just say our first hotel that we booked online was HORRIBLE. After being assigned to 3 different rooms and the manager trying to get us to go to a fourth room, we got our money back and decided to search for another hotel. Some soccer conference was going on or something because everything in the area was booked. Mary and Brooke worked hard to find us a room while we ate at Cracker Barrel on Friday night, and luckily, this crazy fiasco turned into a blessing! When it was all said and done, we ended up in a nice, clean, modern hotel for even cheaper than we had planned.....with a buffet breakfast too! YEAH! The girls had a suprise baby shower for me....fondue, games, gifts. We also of course did our traditions of a Panera lunch, trip to Maggie Moos for ice cream, Sunday church at a random church we find once we're in our meeting place, and pizza and board games in the hotel Saturday night. Somehow we didn't get kicked out for being SO LOUD from laughing! (Have you ever played the game, "Pit?") It was so much fun!
On Sunday when we all went our separate ways, instead of going home, I drove towards the big, windy city. Jason had a conference for work at the downtown Chicago Marriott hotel, so I went to hang out with him. I literally had 3 days to be as lazy as I wanted. The king bed was SOOOOOOOOOO comfortable. I slept in, read Karen Kingsbury books, and watched tv. At night when Jason was out of meetings we'd go eat at some of our favorite Chicago restuarants: Gioradono's pizza, Grand Lux Cafe, and California Pizza Kitchen. This is probably the last relaxing I'll be doing for a long time! I'm so thankful for the time I had to be a bum!
It's great to be back home to our boys! We missed them!
Here's some pics from our trips...
The baby shower...

Yummy Fondue!

Me, Mary, and Brooke

Michelle and Jayme at "Old Time Pottery" (Thanks for recommending this store Kristin!)

Maggie Moos! YUMMY!

Us minus Brooke (she's taking the pic) at the hotel

All of Us....

The awesome view from our downtown hotel room...

I loved this bed! Not sure why the picture is coming out sideways though...

No comments: