Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 31, 2008

Part One: Kids are so funny!/Part Two: Friends are Blessings!!!!

Part One: My "kids"
So today was my first day back to work after a much needed spring break. I decided I was finally going to share my baby news with my students.(2nd graders might I add...a very cute age) I made them a secret code to solve for morning work, where the message said: "Mrs. Aukerman is having a baby!" They were very excited. When we went over the answer to the secret code, I told them I'd been keeping this little secret from them since December. One little girl came up to me later and said...."Mrs. Aukerman, I've known since December." ahahah Yea, right, but that was cute of her to say! All day I was getting name suggestions (my favorite being Gabriella after the ever famous High School Musical star). I'm surprised no one said Hannah after Hannah Montana! I also had a few kids who told everyone to be quieter or they'd make the baby cry. HA! I'm going to have to use that one on the next loud day! I'm glad they thought of it! Anyways, I also was given many cards for my little baby, one little girl was calling her self "Grandma," and kids are just too cute!

Part Two: My co-worker friends are so thoughtful!

So today I was given three out of the blue gifts that just got my Monday off to a wonderful start! My friends are so awesome.

Carrie, the teacher across the hall gave me a cute pink and white set of baby bath towels. She also gave me 23 (TWENTY-THREE Ohhhhhhhh my word I'm so happy) Baby Einstein, Elmo, and Sesame street dvds! (Oh, and one dvd was Cinderella since i'm having a little "princess") WOW! How giving! She has a four year old who is done with them, and she decided to pass them on!

Dawn, the teacher next door, randomly brought me a box of my very favorite granola bars! She said they were to keep in my desk so I had a treat to eat! Awe!

Kristin, my good-ole college bud and old roomie who teaches down the hall bought me THEE cutest brown/pink/blue/green POLKA-DOT (my favorite) diaper bag!!!!! OH my word....HOW THOUGHTFUL!

Let's just say I feel blessed that God has brought such wonderful, giving people into my lives! Already my little girl is so spoiled! :-)

No comments: