Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 24, 2008

It's a GIRL!


So this morning we had our ultrasound! The baby was moving like crazy...which I already knew because she has been moving around all the time for about 3 weeks now. The ultrasound tech had to take a break from taking pictures because the baby wouldn't hold still! I now know that this baby is going to be like me....no ability to sit still or relax. OH GREAT....poor Jason! At one point, I thought she "slipped" and told me the baby was a boy before Jason got in the room because she said "he's being stubborn" when the baby was wiggling around....but I think that was just a general statement instead of saying "it." So after she took all the shots and measurements she needed, she called Jason in....and as she was looking between the baby's legs to determine the sex, I didn't see any boy parts. I thought....OH MY WORD...because I've been sure I'd have a boy first since before I even was pregnant. The Aukerman family and extended family have all had boys first.....and Jason broke that mold. :-) He really wanted a little girl, so he's so excited. I was fine with whatever God wanted to give, but the thought of a little girl is really exciting to me! I've always wanted a daughter and thought I'd never get the chance. Our technician has 23 years experience, so I'm trusting her....but wow, it will be crazy if i have a bunch of girly things and find out at the 4D ultrasound in a few months that we have the opposite! ahahahha


2 comments:

David said...

That's great, congratulations again!

Rachel, Andy, Christopher, and Kaela said...

I'm so excited for you all. Congrats on a girl! Can't wait to see Karla pregnant. =)
~Rachel