Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mommy just can't keep up!


I just don't know how people do it! Being a mom brings on another role in my life that I absolutely LOVE, but it is so hard to be your best in all areas! I realized this week how many roles I have to fill....and being a perfectionist makes that very difficult. I can't be perfect in all my roles! I'm a daughter, daughter in law, wife, mom, friend, cousin, aunt, sister, sister in law, Christian, teacher, housekeeper....and I'm sure there's something I've forgotten. Anyways, I reminded myself this week...God doesn't want me to be all of these on my own! He'll help me! Thank you Lord! OK....so...(I guess I could add Blogger and Facebooker to my roles)...an update since I last wrote about 3 weeks ago!
Our baby is almost 6 months old. SERIOUSLY, how did that happen? A half of a year? Brynne has been so precious as usual. There's not a day both Jason and I don't say how blessed we are to have her. She makes us smile all the time, and after an argument or bad day, that is needed! :-) She is growing so much and changing everyday. Her latest...screaming while she's playing. She's starting to get loud. I took her for a walk yesterday in the random heat wave, and I figured someone was going to look at me as I walked by and wonder what was wrong with my kid! She was screaming happy screams though! :-) She also absolutely LOVES carrots. She's tried green beans, peas, sweet potatoes, squash, and carrots. I love that she's becoming a real human being that eats food, and I've enjoyed making her baby food and freezing it in ice cube trays! (Moms...you need the magic bullet...it's pretty fun.) OK...so back to yesterday's first try at carrots. Brynne was opening her mouth like a bird as I shoveled the food in. I couldn't get the spoon refilled fast enough for her! When she was done, she whined for more...so I thawed more from the freezer and thought...maybe i'll add rice cereal to it to make her feel more full. BAD IDEA. She immediately knew the taste was different and she didn't want it! Her temper came out (the temper she got from her daddy ahahh) and finally, she won and I gave her plain carrots. Jason reminded me that if i give in all the time, she'll always think she should get her way. Wow...this parenting thing is only going to get harder! :-)
What we've been doing lately: cleaning, watching Big Bang Theory, the Office, and American Idol, playing with Brynne, more cleaning (however you wouldn't be able to tell coming into our home ahahah), laughing at our dogs (see the picture included), enjoying a visit from mom/grandma Crawford for nephew Caleb's 8th bday, watching plenty of movies including my pick...Fireproof which was very motivating to me, enjoying the Super Bowl (well...our Colts weren't there so I guess I shouldn't say "enjoyed") with our friends (might I also add I'm going to miss Tony Dungy :-( )....um...that may be about it. It's the winter. We're basically bums ahaha that stick around the house to stay warm. So, we eat, sleep, clean, and watch tv....for a season though, it is enjoyable. I'm ready for Spring though! (minus the mud that it brings when we let the dogs out).
Alright, well....let me close with some pictures from the past few weeks.....(well the first one is from when Brynne is one month old)

This is Brynne with her bear at one month (I wanted to get shots next to the bear each month so we could see how's she grown compared to the bear...which I've not been faithful about...i've missed some months). Anyways, this is her frail little skinny body at one month old (at the time I didn't think she looked like an alien).

This is Brynne yesterday with Mr. Bear (5.5 months old...all round and chubby).

Brynne playing in her pack n' play. Thankfully, she plays well independently (so far).

Daddy and Brynne like to read together.

Playing with Baby Noah. He's 3.5 months younger, and SO TINY!

Super Bowl with Daddy and Noah's Daddy...

Tummy Time with Cousins (she decided that day that boy's are wild and crazy!)

Grandma came to visit!

Brynne in her cute green and brown outfit. (I love the color combo...and green is still my favorite color).

Kissing mommy (which she does ALL the time, so even though I look a terrible mess, I had to include this!)

The dogs...cuddling. I'm glad they have each other because nowadays, they're pretty neglected.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so much fun to look at the pictures of Brynne and look forward to Ada being as big as she is! I know it will be here before we know it. We missed seeing you guys during Man Camp... hopefully we'll see you soon. Give that sweet girl a big hug and kiss and give Jason our love too.