Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's been awhile...

I am home enjoying this day off....and very thankful for those who fought for our country making this day at home possible!

This day has of course flown by as I've tried to clean up the house, do laundry, and get caught up on life! I think maybe we should flip the normal work week and that maybe we should have school only two days a week and have the weekend last five. Yea, that's a dream. Today we had a very fast play date. Brynne and I left early to go to the doctor to make sure her cold wasn't turning into an infection. When she woke up today, I had suspicions that it was...but the visit brought good news that she is fine and that we need to just continue using the aspirator, eye drops, and saline drops. Phew. OH...and she's up to 12 lbs and 5 ounces! She's growing!

On Sunday Brynne was baptised at the Greek Orthodox Church that Jason attends before he meets us at church....(He's pretty much a celebrity there and is one of the only people who isn't Greek. People love him and he's on the church council. It's cute.) Anyways...so we didn't realize how big of a deal this baptismal service was going to be. It lasted forever, and Brynne was stripped naked, dunked in water, had oil put on her, and had her hair cut (her first offering!) The hair cutting made me gasp a little....but I'm over it now. ahaha She was also given so many gifts and a beautiful Christening gown...with a shawl, bonnet, cute shoes and socks, and a cross neclace. We enjoyed fellowship during a church potluck afterwards, and we also came home and had an extra afternoon visit by my parents. It was a very crazy, but fun day! We felt so loved.

I think this is my first post since being back full time with students. Let me just say I'd love your prayers. It has been a big adjustment for me and my students. I keep hearing, " But the other teacher let us do that...or....we're suppose to do it like this...etc." I know this transition period will take awhile as we get to know each other...and as they realize that I'm in charge now. :-) Luckily, we love our babysitter, and Brynne has done just fine adjusting to being away from her mommy and daddy. That's one thing I don't have to stress over during the day. I've made a huge effort to leave everyday after work....and I just bring home what I HAVE to do. I'm working really hard at leaving work at work. UGh. So, for now, I'm trying to stay positive and be content with life as a working mom. I'm trying to remember how blessed I am....and how much I love my husband and baby girl even if I do have to work! Thank you Lord for holidays and days off like today!!!! :-)

Here are some shots of the past week...

Brynne in her new winter hat...It's COLD outside lately!

Daddy and Brynne watching Ice Age together...

Grandpa Crawford and Brynne...

Grandma Crawford and Brynne in her Christening Gown...

During the baptism service... (This was before she started crying because she was starving and past her feeding time!)

Jason, Brynne, and me with Brynne's Godmother...Ya Ya (Greek for Grandma)

Getting dunked...

Brynne all ready to go see her babysitter, Kelly!

Brynne wearing her new bow made by her babysitter!

No comments: