Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 26, 2008

Parenting a dog...and the case of the mysterious caps!

So today I had one of those moments where you have to discipline....yet, the problem that you're trying to discipline is the funniest thing ever so you try not to laugh! Here's what happened....
I was holding my crying baby trying to get her to eat or stop crying....when all of a sudden, I realized I heard Byson chewing on something in the kitchen. Now, the boys were not used to being locked in the kitchen with a gate until Brynne came along, so I think they are still a little bit mad about it. Byson is still a puppy, and he can get bored easily if he's not sleeping so usually he chews his bone. Yesterday I caught him chewing on my magnetic shopping list notepad which he took off the refridgerator....so I figured it was probably another fridge item today...or being postitive...maybe just his bone. Well....he found the gallons of water Jason bought for us to drink since our water tastes weird lately and we're scared to drink it. He chewed the caps off of three of the gallons. When I looked in the kitchen to see what he was chewing....I was thinking, "Where in the heck did those come from?" I knew I just took the garbage out, so he couldn't have gone digging through it. Then, it hit me....and I looked to my left to notice the gallons missing caps. Then I looked back at Byson to tell him he was a bad boy...but I started to laugh...so I looked away, and then tried a second attempt....and smiled while telling him that was naughty. OH brother...I better work on keeping a straight face before our little girl needs some disciplining! Way to give a mixed message huh!? ahaha Here is a shot of Byson and his caps....and the water gallons missing caps.... He's pretty guilty looking!

No comments: