Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 16, 2007

CRAZINESS

So my best friend Ryanne came to visit for a few days. She is in town for the Fall Fest that she used to work at her old job...and came to visit me before hand. We went shopping for hours trying to find our marathon clothes. We spent about an hour in Target's dressing room yesterday, and we were laughing so hard people probably wondered what was wrong with us. (We're trying to follow a marathon pro's advice...and Target carries a Champion brand that is suppose to be great...for those of you who are runners, you'll have to check it out!) Anyways, the lady running the dressing room pretty much became our best friend. ahahahha. We think we found something....but have a few last minute online orders to place since Target didn't have what we needed. Most of you who know us won't be surprised when I say...for old times sake, we're going to dress like twins AHAHAHA. I can't believe we're doing it, but I think it will be funny. We also had to find something really cheap to wear over our running clothes before the race begins that we can just throw on the street when it's time to start! That was what really caused the laughing in the dressing room because we looked so silly. I was also having issues buying something that will be worn for an hour because it's such a waste, but i'm hoping someone who doesn't have a home and lives on the street may be able to use our sweatsuits. :-)

One last thing....I survived the big 20 mile run today...(it's the biggest run we do before the actual marathon), and anyways, I don't know if i can go 6 more after that. That will be another HOUR. ahahaha. I did feel good when I was done, and besides the fact that I thought my knees were going to break in half and that I was starving, it went better than I expected. I didn't think I could do it. So, yeah. It's all tapering down from here, so only 11 more days to run.....and nothing more than 12 miles. phew!
OK, well, hope everyone is doing well. Sorry I don't post very often and then when I finally do it's a book. With school back in session, my teaching duties take over my life!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

One-T said...

So I didnt know you had a blog..and we miss you LOTS
scot

Anonymous said...

Yeah marathoner!!! I can't believe you did 20 miles... I tried that distance on a bike last weekend and passed out from the exertion. Well, almost.

Anonymous said...

Karla,
Girl you continue to amaze me!!! I am so proud of you. Looking forward to hearing your story of success. You will do something millions of us wouldn't dream of attempting. You go girl!! - and look good doing it!

Love you!
Debbie Brownlow