Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 3, 2007

The Joys of being the Birthday Girl....Funfetti cake and RAINBOW CHIP FROSTING!

I'm officially 26 now....meaning, i'm getting old because rounding up....I'm closer to 30 than 20! Anyways, today I got to go shopping and found some cute shirts. I was excited. Then, Jason took me to Monicals for thier pizza lunch buffet. I loved it. When Jason got home from work, he walked in with a cake mix and frosting.....Pillsbury's funfetti cake, ....however, he had the wrong frosting (and he knew it). He spent atleast 20 minutes at Kroger searching for my favorite Rainbow Chip frosting, and he finally settled for another kind because he couldn't find it. When I made a sad but happy face.....he immediately said he'd go check Jewel for the frosting. I offered to go instead because I could tell he was exhausted, however, like the great husband he is, he said he'd go get it and not to worry about it. He returned from Jewel with another kind of frosting, once again, not Rainbow Chip. I KNOW they still sell Rainbow Chip, so I insisted that I go and look, but he wouldn't let me go alone. So....we returned the frosting to Jewel, and nope...no Rainbow Chip. Then, we returned the other frosting to Kroger.....and guess what we found????? Betty Crocker's Rainbow Chip Frosting....right next to the frosting Jason originally bought. ahahahahah AHAHHAHA, we laughed so hard and said this is a day we'll never forget. :) He has a very picky wife when it comes to her birthday cake.:-) (Ryanne, you understand....the other frosting just isn't the same!!!!!)

SO, the moral of this story is, if you've never had Pillsbury's Funfetti cake with Betty Crocker's Rainbow Chip frosting, go out there and buy some tonight! You won't regret it. ahahahahah




4 comments:

Lori Kuehl said...

happy birthday my august birthday buddy!!!!

RJP said...

Happy birthday:) Glad you found your frosting! What a wonderful husband you have!!!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I've never even heard of BC rainbow chip frosting..but I'm tempted to go and buy some and have my husband and son make it for dinner!! I'll let you know what the verdict is! Ahminda

Abbie said...

Takes me back to elementary school. Honestly, I think the stuff is like bubble gum ice cream - we pretend like it tastes good because it looks cool!

But hey - your the birthday girl and can like whatever you want!!! (Maybe that's why you are a teacher - you can still relate to your kids! What a gift!!)